Image Map

Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Season of Thanks


This Thanksgiving the Ritchie family made a very special appearance in the Omaha World Herald.  I was contacted a few months back by one of their writers and asked if we would be interested in sharing Charlotte's story with her, as well as some information about Charley's Heart.  I'm a pretty proud mama and will never pass up a good opportunity to talk about my little girlie!  The day that we met I talked...and talked...and talked....going on and on about Miss Charlotte for a good hour and a half.  There was laughter.  There were tears.  And what came out of it was something truly amazing.  

We knew that the article was going to run sometime around Thanksgiving, but no one in my family was quite prepared for what we saw when it came to print.  Thanksgiving day.  Front page.  My babies.  Holy cow.      

Here is the link to the online version of the article

Along with our story there was a supplement article that discussed pulse oximetry screening in newborns and provided an update on where legislation is at in both Nebraska and Iowa.  I was so happy that they included this.  

Matt and I are so incredibly thankful to Julie Anderson and the Omaha World Herald for inviting us to share our story.  It was such a beautiful reminder to us, on Thanksgiving of all days, of just how blessed we are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment