Image Map

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Fit for a Lumberjack

Today we celebrated Max's first birthday with family and friends.  I'm not one for "traditional" and came up with the hair-brained idea to celebrate with a Lumberjack Brunch.  It was quite the tough and manly event, complete with lots of plaid, flannel and s'mores on sticks!
Who needs birthday cake when you can have a cinnamon roll the size of your head??
 
We were fortunate enough to be able to use the gym at the boys school for the party, and  let me tell you, it was PERFECT!  The kiddos had plenty of balls, cars and tricycles to keep themselves entertained, and I didn't have to worry about cleaning my house!  Thank you Little Red School House for letting us use the space!  
The kiddo who used to hide his face as soon as he saw the camera, has fallen in love with "cheeeeese."  Makes this picture loving mama a whole lot happier!
 I knew that birthday cake would be an instant hit with the birthday boy.  He's got his mama's sweet tooth, and you can tell by the looks of that belly that the boy has an appetite.
"Where's my cake mama?"  Luckily little brother didn't mind sharing.
 It was all fun and games until his foot found the cake.  Done and done.
 And ultimately, my kiddos always end up in a sink.  
A big thanks to everyone who embraced their inner lumberjack with us today.  We had SO much fun and were rewarded with extra long naps this afternoon from both boys!  
I call that a win!






No comments:

Post a Comment