Image Map

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Bogler/Goeser Christmas {2015}

In the hustle and bustle of holiday celebrations, I managed to forget my camera for not one, but BOTH of my family's holiday celebrations.  Good job, Kristen. Good job. Thankfully my sister was a little camera happy at both events and had a few images of our family/kiddos to share.  

We spent Christmas Eve just as I spent those of my childhood - with my aunts, uncles and cousins in the Bogler family. This traditional gathering represents one of the highlights of my childhood. After church we would rush off to my aunt and uncle's home in Defiance and cram our over-sized family into their basement for a night of celebration. There were endless trays of goodies, gifts spilling out from under the tree, and....clears throat....the occasional adult tap-dance performance. As a child the night felt absolutely magical. What a blessing to have the chance to recreate those special memories for my own kiddos.

// Bogler Christmas Eve 2015 //



The day after Christmas we re-grouped at my mom's house - this time as a much smaller group of sisters + hubbies + almost hubbies + kiddos. We watched the Packer game, opened gifts, and simply enjoyed each other's company. We all live within 20 minutes of each other, but busy schedules make days like these to feel few and far between.  I think we need a lot more Sunday dinners at Grandma Debbie's house.

// Goeser Family (Day After) Christmas 2015 //




Poor Aubrey - the lone girl in a group of crazy boys. 
 "Hey boys, will you smile for a picture together?"
Why do I even ask...?
Nothing brings brothers together like Grandma Debbie's sugar cookies.






No comments:

Post a Comment