Image Map

Thursday, January 14, 2016

I'm Ba-aaaack! {Holiday Updates}

Its been 2 months since my last post - the longest that I've been away in the 6 years since I started Little Miss Ritchie back in early 2010. I didn't make the conscious decision to step away, but looking back on it, I think that a little break was good for me. I got to a point where I would sit down to post and be at a complete loss for words. Maybe it was just a case of writers block. Maybe it was the laundry list of other tasks that needed my attention. Or maybe...just maybe...it was the fact that our lives finally seem boring (in the best of ways!).  No baby bump show off, no monthly updates on growing babes, no health updates or prayer requests. "Boring" feels oh so good - but it doesn't always make for the most exciting blog content! 

Having said that, the past few months have been filled with a flurry of activity. There were trees to decorate, presents to wrap, cookies to decorate, Christmas programs to kind-of-sort-of-not-really participate in, snow angels to be made, and lots of good ol' fashion time spent with family.  

Making cut-out sugar cookies with 2 insanely busy boys seemed like an overwhelming task on a weekend were daddy was working.  Instead, I did 97% of the leg work while they were napping and then let Harry cut out a few on his own before little brother woke up. If you've ever met Max you'll understand why I didn't include him. Cue mental images of cookie dough flying thru the air and cookie cutter injuries..


 OMG - please ignore the disaster going on in our house. Single mom weekends are messy, y'all.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall of our kitchen when the frosting and sprinkles made an appearance. 

Hello chaos. 

"Mommy, fros' my cookie for me."  
"Ahh! My fingers are sticky!"
"Mama, Maxo has his tongue in the sprinkles."
"Mmmm I lick my cookie."

Don't let the sweet pictures below fool you.



 Enjoying the fruits of his labor. 

More Christmas fun to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment