Image Map

Monday, June 28, 2010

Wow...that is all that I can say

I spent a good chunk of last night thinking of the perfect words to use in this posting. I ran so many things through my head, but finally came to the conclusion that some things you just can't put into appropriate words. Some things are just to big, just too good, to be adequately expressed. My emotions yesterday fit that category...So incredibly big...So far beyond words.

This past weekend, Matt went back to North Bend, NE to help his team defend their title in an alumni golf tournament (which I regret to inform you, didn't happen). My mom game and stayed with Charley and I, and I must say, was my super helper! I know in my last posting I joked about her doing 3 AM feedings, but she actually did! She got up with Charley on both Friday and Saturday nights and was SUCH a big help. She totally made my weekend manageable while providing some "adult" time as well. Thank you Grandma Debbie!


Knowing that it was going to be a long weekend with Matt away, I had been dropping not so subtle hints letting him know that I wanted him to get up early on Sunday morning and head home. Eight o'clock isn't a TOTALLY unreasonable request, is it??? Well, low and behold I get a phone call at almost 11 letting me know that he was just getting on the road. ELEVEN O'CLOCK!!?!?! One might think that I would have been angry, and I would have had there not been a very good reason behind the delay.

Word of warning, this is where I get emotional and my eyes blur over with tears...

From the day that I met Matt, it has been very clear to me how much his friends and family mean to him. I know that he would do absolutely anything for them, and yesterday I learned that the feeling is mutual. When Matt called to let me know that he was running late, he also told me of an extreme act of kindness that I never in a million years could have anticipated. On Sunday morning, he was presented with a check for over $4,000 to help cover medical expenses for our precious little Charley. His family and friends had held a fundraiser, selling raffle tickets for everything from Nebraska football tickets to rounds of golf and various gift cards. All of these people have busy lives of their own with work, kids, etc. but took the time to line up prizes, post flyers at local businesses and even sell tickets door-to-door to raise money. The dollar amount, though extremely helpful, is insignificant in comparison to the generosity, thoughtfulness and effort put forth by this awesome group of people. I can't even think about it without totally choking up.

I feel like I say this a lot, but there are no words to express how thankful Matt and I are for all of the support that we have been shown since that life-changing day in January. I never could have imagined how many people have heard about and prayed for our little girl, and now this on top of it. Wow. I consider myself the luckiest person in the world to have Matt as my husband...and now I'm realizing that he came as a part of a package deal. Not only did I get the most incredible husband, I also got his friends. Matt, Charley and I are are so blessed to have you all in our lives. Thank you all so much.

On a total side note....Charlotte officially passed the 7 pound mark today! We are so excited!

There is no denying the red in her hair! You see it more in pictures than in person.
Keeping a close eye on the puppies out of the corners of her eyes
Love it, Love it, Love it

2 comments:

  1. Why do you always have to make me cry at work??? LOL

    I love reading what you write Krissy...you just have a way with telling a story...and this one in particular is just beautiful. You have a fantastic support system.

    Charlotte is changing soooo much, I can't believe how cute she is! I need to see her again PRONTO!! Give her big kisses! One for you and Matt and the pups too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! You are so blessed to have so many wonderful people around you! Just like Jill I cried, but that happens every time I read one of your blogs. Love you all and can't wait to hold that little peanut of yours. It has been way too long! Hugs and kisses to you all!

    ReplyDelete