Image Map

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 26th, 2009

It seems like lately I'm always running a few days behind. I totally meant to post this on Sunday, but got wrapped up in other things. So here I am....posting a "One Year Ago Today" message.....One year and two days later!

September 26th, 2009, was a very exciting day in the Ritchie household. The details are still so vivid in my mind. It was a Saturday. Husker game day. They were playing Louisianna-Lafayette at home. It was supposed to be a blow out game and not the caliber of competition that is typically on network television, but it was on pay-per-view. Typically Matt and I would head out to Buffalo Wild Wings, drink a few beers and watch the game with other Husker fans. It was a Saturday....what else did we have to do!? We were a young married couple with essentially no responsibilities other than work and our dogs.

At this point, it had been about 2 months since Matt and I decided that we were ready to start a family and for some reason that morning I felt like I should take a pregnancy test. In my head I knew that it was probably too soon to tell if I was preggo or not, but I took one anyway. I didn't say anything to Matt at first, but when those 2 little pink lines showed up I couldn't contain myself. With my heart ready to explode out of my chest, I walked out to the living room and held up the test. I didn't say a word but he knew. Looking back on it, I'm disappointed that I didn't come up with something more creative, but I was just too excited to think straight!

WE WERE HAVING A BABY!!!!! Holy cow....we were having a baby.

And Nebraska won 55-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment