Image Map

Friday, September 24, 2010

Yet another first...

So on my last post, I talked about all of the new and exciting "firsts" that our little Charley Bear is starting to experience. In just the past week we've experienced ponytails, pigtails, cereal, the jumperoo...all very good and exciting. Well, on Wednesday we had another "first," this one not as fun for either Charley OR mom and dad....her very first fever. She's always been a warm baby and wakes up with the back of her head all sweaty, but this time I could tell that it was different. She was HOT. At one point I took a temp of 102.6! Poor thing. Anytime I would try to put something in her mouth (mainly Tylenol) she would spit up and proceed to scream. UGH.

Matt had to go to work at 2 AM, so I let him sleep until I heard his alarm go off; then I pounced on him for reassurance that I didn't need to take her in to the ER. YES...I'm totally a paranoid heart mom. She's been doing so well and something like a fever, something that just happens, heart baby or not, totally freaks me out. Instead of the ER, I resorted to ask-a-nurse. By then, whatever Tylenol she did get was starting to bring her temp down, and she was drifting in and out of sleep. We decided it was best to wait until morning and see how she was doing. She was supposed to have her 4 month well visit the following day, so the timing couldn't have been better.

By morning she was fever free; you could tell that she was a little "off" and totally exhausted. She slept most of the day and I tried to sneak in little bits of formula whenever I could. Dr. Elliott said that her ears looked good and her chest sounded clear, so for now we're just watching her and hoping it was a fluke deal. When I woke her up this morning I got a huge grin, so my guess is that she's on the up swing.

On a better note...Charley is getting SOOOOO BIG! Ok, so not BIG, but BIGGER! Weighing in at just over 11 pounds at her visit yesterday, she officially charted in the 6th percentile! If you remember, just a month ago she was only in the 3rd. She's in the 10% range for height as well. Everyone is very pleased at the progress she's making. We are now doctor free until the end of October when we have to go back for another echo with Dr. Sami.

Hope that everyone has a great weekend. We're camping out at home and getting the Nebraska/SDSU football game on pay-per-view. I've been giving Matt a hard time and telling him that since I'm SDSU facutly now, that I'll probably cheer for them. I've even threatened that Charley is going to wear her SDSU hoodie. Hahaha...NOT A CHANCE! We've all seen how happy she is in her Husker red!

No comments:

Post a Comment