Image Map

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bring on the Sun

I've been a bad blogger. I realize this. And when I do blog, I feel like all I've been doing is moaning and groaning about how *ICK* things have been lately. But the truth is, we DID go through a very *ICK* couple of months. Surgery, eating struggles, RSV, stomach bug with puke puke and more puke...like I said...*ICK*.

I've been praying for a stretch of sunshine in our lives. A stretch where our little girl feels good and where Matt and I aren't stressed to our limits. A stretch of days strung together rather than a single day here and there, dotted between the *ICK* days.

Well, I think we have finally seen our sunshine. We've been *ICK* free for about 4 days now and Charley seems to be back to her old self. We are seeing more smiles and hearing more laughs (which sound like a weird dolphin/monkey hybrid noise--haha). She's gaining some weight back and eating really well. I feel like we can just sit back and enjoy...

It may be cold and gray outside, but our house is filled with sunshine.


A few days after Charley got out of the hospital--look at those purple lips!
She LOVES her green blankie (just like Mommy). Her hair is nutso because she had been "hiding" under the blanket.
New favorite thing in the world?? Daddy's hat!
Getting ready to go to dinner for Mommy's birthday.
Standing and not crying...quite the accomplishment! Haha! Look at that belly and her little chicken legs!
Bath time is excessive at our house. Lots of water, lots of bubbles, lots of splashing!

Happy early St. Patty's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. It has been a tough couple of months,but she sure is looking good. I'll bet she is going to start packing on the pounds ♥

    ReplyDelete