Image Map

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Last year on Mother's Day I was 36 weeks pregnant with Miss Charlotte. I worked an evening shift at the hospital and came home to find that Matt had finished the nursery as a Mother's Day gift. You may remember my excited post about the rocking chair he gave me....it was perfect and totally unexpected.

That chair has gotten a lot of use over the past 52 weeks. I sat in it and rocked before Charlotte was even born, tears running down my face out of fear for our future. I sat in it for the first time holding my little girl who was finally home after an insane month in the hospital...what a feeling. It has been the perfect place for bedtime stories, prayers and countless late night feedings. That chair has seen both of us cry, laugh and rock in absolute silence. That chair as seen the evolution of me as a mommy--starting out terrified about my ability to care for a sick baby and growing in confidence day by day.

The thought of rocking this precious little girl and knowing that she is mine is overwhelming.

I am her Mommy. She needs me. She loves me no matter what.


Today we celebrated our first Mother's Day together and it was perfect. I am honored to be your Mommy, Charlotte, and I love you more than I could have ever imagined.

1 comment: