Image Map

Saturday, June 1, 2013

The 31st

Two years.  

The thought of it makes my breath catch in my lungs, my eyes sting with familiar tears of grief.  It's like all of the healing that I've done over the past 2 years just flies out the window on days like yesterday.  Suddenly I'm back in that mental haze, walking blindly through my day, uncertain of how I'll get from point A to point B.  I tried to keep busy, to keep myself distracted, but a heavy heart is hard to ignore.

Despite it all...yesterday was a "good" day.  Good in a way that only a terribly painful day can be.  I spent the morning with my Harrison, a good chunk of the afternoon sitting in the sun with my Charlotte, saw family, checked in on our construction, and had a full house for dinner.  Thanks to all of you who showered us with extra love.  Your kind words, prayers and hugs (both real and virtual) go a long way towards carrying us through difficult days. 

My sweet girl never leaves my mind, and on days like yesterday I'm sure that she never left my side either.  I know that she is always with me...snuggled inside my heart, alive in all that I do.  

Oh baby girl, I miss you so much.



1 comment:

  1. <3 Always thinking of little Charlotte and your family!

    ReplyDelete