Image Map

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Closer Look

It's been awhile since I've posted a prayer request related to cardiology...

I had hoped I'd never have to.  But here we go.

Tomorrow Matt and I are taking Harrison to Children's Hospital for an EKG.  It isn't urgent.  Just a precautionary test prompted by a "dusky" color that we've been noticing around his mouth and nose.  His pediatrician listened to his heart and couldn't pick up on any murmurs.  Pulse oximetry has been normal.  A fetal echo at 20 weeks showed nothing but perfection.  His fingers and toes are all a beautiful shade of pink (though its most often hidden under a layer of dirt).  We've been given no real reason to suspect or believe that there is anything crazy going on with that little ticker of his....but.


But.

But.

You don't live the things we've lived, lose the things we've lost, and not take a closer look.

So today I ask you, if you have just one minute to spare, to say a few prayers for our hearts.


That Harrison's will prove to be healthy and strong.
That his mom and dad's will remain calm and faithful.
That the little angel who takes up so much space in all of our hearts 
will be with us thru it all.



When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the ROCK that is higher than I.  ~Psalm 61:2





2 comments:

  1. Praying for Harry and your family Kristen! I miss seeing you guys! :( -Ms. Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Kristen and Matt and of your course your two beautiful kiddos.

    ReplyDelete