Image Map

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Letter to Harrison

My sweet Harrison,

Welcome to the world baby boy! As I write this letter you are just over a week old. It has only been 9 days since I first held you in my arms--9 short days, yet I can hardly remember or imagine life without you in it. In just 9 days your presence has managed to heal mu heart more than I could have imagined. You have made me feel like a mommy again...deep breath. To feel you in my arms, to watch you as you sleep, to kiss the top of your head as you snuggle against my chest--I realize now that it's the simple things that I have missed the most.

You were born on Tuesday, June 26th--delivered by the same hands that brought your big sister into this world. The very first time that I saw your face it literally took my breath away. I glanced over at your daddy and knew immediately that he saw it to...you were the spitting image of Charlotte. Same squishy face. Same full head of hair. Same strong cry announcing your arrival. It was the most surreal experience. All that I could do was stare at you through tear-filled eyes as they cleaned you up. You were finally here. You were ours.

I have so many hopes and dreams for you, little Harrison, but more than anything I want you to know love. I cannot promise you that life will always be easy or fair, but I give you my word that no matter what your journey brings, I will love you with every bit of my heart...probably more than you will ever understand. I promise to be the best mommy that I know how, to protect you, to teach you, to always be there for you.

I am your Mama, Harrison Paul, and I love you...

Beyond words or explanation.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments: