Image Map

Thursday, July 26, 2012

One Month of Bliss

My sweet, sweet Harrison,

I cannot believe that it has already been a full month since your daddy and I were blessed with your presence in our lives.  It was something that we had waited and waited for, but all of the anticipation was well worth it.  You have been such a blessing to us and I cannot imagine this world without you in it.  This first month with you is something that I will forever and ever hold dear to my heart.  You are our second child, but it was a month of so many firsts in our house.  Your big sister spent the entire first month of her life in the hospital, so each new day with you marks the beginning of some new adventure.  

It has been a very busy month for all of us.  We have settled into a house that you will likely never remember living in, Daddy transitioned into a new position at work, I've been rediscovering myself as a Mommy and adjusting to all of the new things that come along with the role.  You on the other hand have been busy eating, sleeping and above all, growing!  When you aren't mastering those very important survival skills, you are perfectly content soaking in the world around you.  

-Your first month has been a SCORCHER!  The week you were born the temperatures were inching toward triple digits with about 99% humidity and it hasn't let up since.  I offered to take you swimming so that we could get out of the house for a while and stay cool, but you apparently weren't in the mood. Hopefully this heat lets up soon so that we can start exploring outside a little more!

-Every once in a while I notice that your breath smells like butterscotch.  I LOVE it!

-You, Harrison Paul Ritchie, have one CrAzY head of hair!  I can't say that I'm surprised after dealing with your sister's mop, but really...yours takes the cake.  You were blessed with a cowlick just like your Mama and there is absolutely no hiding it.  It grows in about 400 different directions!  After a bath I have been "experimenting" by combing it all different ways, but it always ends up the same once it dries.  I personally think its adorable and your Daddy thinks its the most "awesome" hair ever.  

-Speaking of bath time...you are NOT a fan.  Not a fan at all.

-We're all about nicknames in this house.  Nickname of the month?  Stinky Pants Hiccup Man.  I think that one is pretty self-explanatory.

-You are a pro at sticking your tongue out!  You are doing it less and less these days, but there was a point in time when it was OUT of your mouth more than it was IN.  

-This month you celebrated your very first holiday, July 4th!  Of course it was 100 degrees outside so your day was spent inside, but you had plenty of people willing to stay in and snuggle with you.  While you were staying cool, your older cousins (and your mom and dad) were busy outside participating in our annual Olympic games.  I can't wait until you are a little bigger and we can cheer you on as you bob for apples!  Lord knows you've got some competitive genes!

The Black Team
 Getting ready for the Egg Toss
 Daddy was on the winning Tug of War team!  
Mama wasn't allowed to play...something about recovering from surgery?
 Go Daddy, Go!

-From the time we were in the hospital you have been showing off just how strong you are.  You are quite the wiggle worm and like to pretend to be an inch worm during tummy time.  A few weeks back you even decided to do this....
And you didn't just do it once, but THREE times!  Needless to say your Mama was a little surprised by your antics!

-One of my favorite parts of this month was taking you to meet a very special group of ladies.  We were back in Omaha for your 2 week doctor's appointment and decided to make a pit stop at Children's Hospital to visit some of your sister's very favorite nurses.  Wow, were they ever excited to see you!  I called two people to let them know we were coming, and before you knew it there was a waiting room full of people lined up for Harrison snuggles.  At only 2 weeks old you showed us that you already know how to work a room full of women!  YIKES!

We were all ready for your 1 month photo shoot but ended up having some "technical difficulties" with your birthday chair.  Not wanting to skip it, I got a little creative and decided to go with a deconstructed look!  We'll give it another shot at 2 months, but for now I think this is pretty darn cute!  I just couldn't decide which one to share so I figured I do LOTS of them!
 
 
 

 We love you so very much Harrison Paul and cannot wait for more new adventures!

HAPPY ONE MONTH BIRTHDAY!




1 comment: