Image Map

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Harry's TWO!

Two.  Two.  Two.

I keep repeating it to myself thinking that it will make this feel more “real,” but the truth is, I’m having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that this teeny tiny little baby could be 2 years old already. 

I love this age so incredibly much and I never want to forget all of the adorable things Harrison says and does on a daily basis.  He's learning so many new things and becoming such a creative and independent little guy.  I love watching this transition into the role of "big boy" play out in front of me...I just never realized how quickly it would happen!  It's like I blinked my eyes and all of a sudden my squishy little baby was running circles around me!

Here's a quick rundown of our little birthday boy at 2 years old...

You are so smart, Harrison.  SO smart.  Like speaking sentences smart.  Four syllable words smart. Singing full songs (ABCs, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Old MacDonald) smart.  Pointing out my “eye-bows” and “finner naiws” smart.  You never cease to amaze us with the things that come out of your mouth!  You love to read books, have an incredible memory, and can count past 10.  People hear you talk and almost always ask “How old did you say he was??”  Smart I tell you.  Smart.  You must get it from your mom!
 
You are a little comedian and make us laugh ALL OF THE TIME!  The things that come out of your mouth.  The little side glances you give when you want to see if anyone is watching.  The way you "woll down da hiw" in the back yard like its nobody's business.  All entertainer, all the time.

You are ALL BOY.  Trucks.  Balls.  Dirt under your nails.  Stinky feet.  Burps.  You basically fit in to every little boy stereotype there ever was.  "Farm" life has been absolutely perfect for you and we are so thankful that we have so much space for you to explore and to burn off all that BOY energy.
You are such a good big brother.  We thought we were going to totally rock your world back in January when we brought Max home from the hospital, but it hasn't seemed to phase you.  You greet him every morning with a "Hi Max!" and give him sweet kisses before bed.  You just recently started showing a real interest in him, asking if he can get in your bed, laying beside him on the floor to play.  I can't wait to watch the relationship between the two of you grow.
Boy oh boy do you ever love your daddy.  The minute he leaves the room you ask "Where daddy go?" and when you see him again the best grin takes over your face.  You're two peas in a pod...or as you would say "two boys in hats."  There's nothing in this world that makes me feel the way I do when I see the two of you together.   You chase each other around the yard, go on lawn mower and ATV rides together, practice your slam dunks in the driveway...and he loves it all just as much as you do.  I sure do love my two boys in hats.
Despite all of your sweetness, you definitely have a feisty side.  We’ve started to see more of those terrible twos come out when things don’t go your way.  The following have become quite popular phrases in our home lately.  “Harrison, we don’t spit.”  “We do not hit our friends.”  “The puppies are our friends.  We don’t hit our friends.”  “Do you need to go sit on the couch?” “I’m not going to tell you again, sit on your bottom/don’t bang your fork on the table/No hitting.”  “Go tell mommy/daddy/Aggie that you’re sorry.”   95% of the time you're pretty happy-go-lucky...but those other 5%?  Whoa.

I could probably go on and on forever - You got your first "driveway haircut" by your aunt Lindsey and did SOOO well with it.  You love to play in the bathtub and with the hose, yet today you told me on our way to the splash park that you are afraid of water.  Lovely.  You've been rocking a 2T on top for awhile now...but have some short little legs that are best suited in 18 month bottoms.  You will eat most anything, but have a strong preference for M&Ms, donuts and cake.  I often hear you say "Boogers....yucky....that's gwoss" as we are riding in the car.  I don't even want to know what you're doing back there. You answer "yeah" to most any question,  except when I ask you if daddy is funny....I worked long and hard to train you that the correct answer to that one is NO!  You're starting to "get" friendship and will frequently stop playing to ask me "Where Mason go?"  It's so fun to watch you play with other kiddos!  Just like daddy, you love to wear hats.  A cowboy hat.  A baseball hat. Max's too-small-for-Harry's-head hat.  It doesn't matter...you love them all!  

 We all love you so very much and feel blessed beyond words at the joy you have brought to our lives.  Every day is an adventure and our world is most definitely a better place with you in it.  

Happy 2nd birthday, Harrison Paul!














No comments:

Post a Comment