Image Map

Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Clean Kitchen {For Now}

Remember MONTHS ago when I promised that I would share pictures of our house once we were a little more "settled"?  Oops...sorry about that!  We've been living in our new home for almost 8 months now, and truth be told, most times our space looks very lived in (translation - a pile here, a mess there...You know how it goes!)  Anyway, yesterday while H was off to daycare and Max was down for his morning nap, I set a goal for myself to have at least ONE room in the house picture worthy!

I present to you...our kitchen!

 This space it really the heart of our home and we L.O.V.E it!  With a big huge island, walk-in pantry, farm house sink and plenty of storage space, what's not to love??  {A word of advice for any of you who may be building, though...make sure that there is ample space between your island and the counter space behind it.  Ours is a little bit on the close side, which is fine when it's just us...but gets a little tight as more bodies try to work in the kitchen.}  
Here she is from another angle.  I had to be careful so that you didn't see my secret stash of dirty dishes in the sink!  We really put a lot of time into the design choices for this space and couldn't be happier with how it all came together.   {For those of you who have asked, our paint is Sherwin Williams Functional Gray.}
When we were piecing together our floor plan for the house, we knew right away that we didn't want to have a "formal" dining space.  It's just not us.  Instead, we opted for a more casual setting that is very open to the kitchen.
 Curtains for the sliding door to the deck are on my official maternity leave to-do list, but other than that, the space is pretty complete.  One of my favorite parts is the industrial light fixture.  We found the white fixture on Etsy, and then found another woman who custom fit it with Edison bulb lighting.  
 I'm also in love with our windows {minus the dog nose smears}.  They let in awesome light during the day and give us a pretty perfect view.  I'm envisioning me sending the boys out to play on a cold fall day while I sit and watch them from INSIDE while drinking a hot cup of coffee.  Like I said...perfect!

So there you have it...Room #1 (and kind of Room #2) of the Casa de Ritchie!  

Happy Weekend!





6 comments:

  1. so beautiful!! this is my dream kitchen!!! and i might just re-create it in our house! what are your counters??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia! Our countertops are quartz. We wanted something that had a more consistent color than granite (no swirls, no color variations, best yet, no maintenance!)

      Delete
  2. Great layout, looks a real treat (nice dog too). i would never be out of the kitchen if that was mine. you posted this on February 22, 2014, I am wondering if you have kept it that clean? and kept the appliances clean too? even the toughest, the oven!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, I love your kitchen! An when it's about cleaning I prefer using all natural kitchen cleaners in my home. I have slowly been transitioning to non-toxic and chemical free cleaners and am just loving the low cost, fresh scents, and effective cleaning I can do now. I of course love using baking soda and vinegar for a huge variety of things in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer merely excellent resources - you will see these people in: kitchentoolsclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use only high quality materials - you can see them at: Learn more here

    ReplyDelete