Image Map

Friday, February 21, 2014

So Fresh and So Clean, Clean

After gracing us with his presence 3 weeks ago, Mr. Max finally decided that it was time to ditch the old umbilical cord.  Thank goodness!  1) It was a pain in the butt to work around with diaper changes and 2) It was about time for this kiddo to take a REAL bath!

I approached this inagural bath with very few expectations.  I knew there would be tears.  I knew there would be screaming.  I assumed that I would probably get peed on in the process and need a bath of my own!  Instead I got a totally "chill" little boy who acted more like he was enjoying a day of pampering!  As a matter of fact, the only tears came when I took him OUT of the water.

Taking in the fine art left behind by big brother the night before.
 He kept scooting his way down toward the water - you can see the water line right up by his lips!
 We're all business at bathtime.  No smiling allowed.
This is more a picture for my inner heart mom - I'll never take pink fingers at bath time for granted.
 See how Max is holding his legs up like a little froggy?  That position prompted many nurses/doctors to ask us if he was breech (he wasn't).  
He's starting to stretch out more, but apparently there is a little bit of a "click" in one of his hips.  Our pediatrician is confident that his hip is NOT dislocated or popping in and out of place, but there is some concern that his hip socket is a little on the shallow side, causing the joint to bounce around a little.  We're making a trip to Children's next week for an ultrasound to get a better look at things.  If it is, indeed, a shallow socket, then he'll likely end up in a soft brace for 4-6 weeks.  If things are normal, then we just continue to let him stretch things out on his own.  While our hopes are that no intervention is needed, we're just thankful that we have a pediatrician who identified the "click" early when things are still correctable.  I'm sure that our little froggy would appreciate some extra prayers going into next week!  


No comments:

Post a Comment