Image Map

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our Squeaky Little Lady

If I had a nickel for every time someone asked me "does she always make that noise?" could possibly pay off my student loans and be a stay at home mom. Charlotte have always been a noisy baby, but I guess that I don't really even pay much attention any more. I asked about it once while she was in the hospital, and no one really seemed to be very concerned.

WELL, yesterday Charlotte had an appointment with Dr. Sami and everyone seemed to take notice to our squeaky little lady. Mind you, I've been to Dr. Sami's office quite a few times, and I'm pretty sure that she was just as squeaky then as she was today!

Apparently Charlotte has something called laryngomalacia.

Laryngomalacia ("soft larynx") is a very common condition of infancy, in which the soft cartilage of the upper larynx collapses inward during inhalation, causing an airway obstruction.

Just like they said in the hospital, its nothing to be concerned about and most kiddos will grow out of it by the time they hit the 6 month mark. Charlotte is a pretty good example as she gets louder when she is excited/stimulated and quiets down when she is rolled to her tummy. Who knew!

I have a little video so that you can hear her little noise...but am still trying to figure out how to get it loaded here. Hopefully it will work and I'll get it posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment