Image Map

Monday, August 2, 2010

Corn, movies and sad goodbyes...

I think that we have had more visitors in the past 2 months than Matt and I have had since he moved to Sioux Falls in 2004! I guess we should have had a baby a long time ago. This weekend Grandma Debbie came up to visit the little lady (and us too, I suppose!)

For as long as I can remember, our family has always had a day in the summer set aside for freezing corn. When I moved to South Dakota I thought that I was going to get away from the "work" part of it and just get to enjoy the final product. Well, this year mom brought the work to me! Okay, I I admittedly didn't do a whole lot of work...but now we have a deep freeze full of yummy corn to get us through until next summer.

Don't I look thrilled to have my picture taken? The whole process was a little messy for my liking.


Grandma Debbie also volunteered to babysit on Saturday afternoon to give Matt and I our first "date" since having Charlotte. THANK YOU!! It was great to get out and have some husband and wife time, but really made me realize how hard it is going to be when its time for me to go back to work! I'm actually quite anxious about the whole situation. It will be nice to get back to work and have that adult interaction, but the thought of being away from her all day is somewhat gut-wrenching! Today officially marks the last 3 weeks of my maternity leave and while it seems like forever ago since that day we made our unexpected trip to Omaha, time has passed way to quickly.

Here is Grandma Debbie and Charley. They look a lot alike in this picture!


Our weekend ended on somewhat of a sad note. Our next door neighbors, the Rickelmans, have officially packed up their belongings are are heading to Indiana. Their families are both in the Chicago area, so its understandable that they want to be a little closer, but we will definitely miss them! We're hoping to make some trips out their direction to visit and maybe sneak in a Cubs game and maybe even some Nebraska football!

Them moving meant that Charlotte had to say goodbye to her very first friend, James. Maybe someday down the road their paths will cross and they'll fall in love, never realizing that they were next door neighbors in 2010. Just my luck, when we went to say goodbye and get a picture of the kids together, our camera battery was dead! We took this one on Matt's cell phone...its a little blurry, but thats ok!


Thank you Jesse and Kathryn for being such fantastic neighbors, friends, co-worker and beagle buddies over the past few years! We wish you the best of luck in Indiana!

1 comment:

  1. stopping by from the 1 in 100 post on fb...My 1 year old is 1 in 100 too (vsd)...your daughter is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete