Image Map

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Matt!

I have known Matt since the fall of 2002 and in the 8 years since then, I have been fortunate enough to help him celebrate 7 birthdays. As I think back on them all, its pretty entertaining to see how much we have changed and grown over the years. We have spent birthdays in bars, birthdays in Mexico, and now we are both pretty content with quiet birthdays in the comfort of our own home.

On the other hand, this will be the first time that Charley will get to help her daddy celebrate his special day...and boy is she ever excited. So excited, in fact, that after I got her all garbbed up in her "My Daddy Rocks" onesie this morning, she proceeded to spit up all over it! If thats not excitement, I don't know what is! Charley even helped me make some special birthday cupcakes last night. Too bad the mix has traces of soy in it (never mind the fact that she doesn't have any teeth) or I may have given her one.....maybe....ok, probably not.

Matt,

Happy birthday! As I have said many times before, I feel so incredibly blessed to have you in my life. You are an amazing husband and an even more amazing father. Nothing in this world makes me happier --more content--than the time that I get to spend with you and watching you interact with our little girl. Thank you for everything that you do for our family. Even when life has presented us with a bumpy road and I've felt like crumbling at the prospect of so many unknowns, you have stood by my side and held me up. You are my strength. You are my heart. I look forward to spending the rest of my life helping you celebrate birthdays!

Love,
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. OK - I'm crying....you are the best blogger I know. Thanks for always sharing with your biggest sis! (I'm referring to age....LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Kristen. What more could a mother want for her son than to be so loved??? God Bless all of you! I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete