Image Map

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hearts of Hope

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Midwest Heart Connection’s 8th Annual Hearts of Hope Gala in Omaha.  It was an awesome night and the perfect way to celebrate our little heart kiddos, angels, families and the hospital staff who cares for them all (and not to mention raise a little money for a good cause while we're at it!).  This was my first time attending Hearts of Hope and I was a little nervous about how my emotions would manifest that night.  Lucky for me I was surrounded my 19 incredible family members and some really great friends that I have come to know as a result of our journey.  Yes, there were tears here and there throughout the night, but I can confidently say that good conversation and laughter were much more common!


Wouldn't you know...I took an extra large purse with me to the event so that I could have my good camera with me.  Once I got there and went to snap my frist picture of the night I realized that my camera battery was 1000% dead.  Its a good thing that I had someone for back-up!
Lindsey and Angie
Jay and Jill
Lindsey and Brad
Steve and Erin
Vick and Jim
Brooke and Dane
Me and the in-laws, Hal and Mary
Deanna, Vicki (mother in-law) and Steve
Goeser girls--YAY!
Goeser girls plus Mama Debbie
Me and Natalie (nurse/friend)
Erin and Angie
Can you tell they are all related?  Aunt Vicki, Erin, Angie, Debbie
Alyson modeling a silent auction purse (and getting a weird look from the woman in the background)
380 bottles of Colby Red wine donated for the night.
Click HERE to learn more about it! 
I may or may not have snuck into this picture at the last minute.
This beauty (along with an equally awesome framed print that I don't have a picture of) came home with me at the end of the night thanks to my sisters/brother-in-law.  We hung this one in our dining room and it definitely made our rental a happier place to be!


Thanks to my family for coming and being a part of this event this weekend.  I had so much fun and can't wait until we can do it all again next year!  LOVE YOU ALL!


1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you and your family! I didn't know Miss Charlotte, and I don't know y'all, but you did a great job with this post and the sweetest pictures of God's most precious Angel ever!! Prayers for your continued healing and peace as time moves forward. Miss Charlotte had some very special times that we were able to enjoy through this post, thanks to your camera, whatever kind it was! :) Sending love your way!!

    ReplyDelete