Image Map

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Week Full of Pictures {2}

Here we go for round 2 of cell phone pictures.  It just dawned on me that when its time for me to get a new phone I'm going to have to make sure that all of my pictures get transferred over...the thought of not being able to flip through these whenever I want makes me extremely sad. 

This is another one of my all-time favorites.  Charlotte's Grammy actually printed us a copy and it hangs on the side of our refrigerator.  Even on the hardest days its tough not to smile when I see this goofy little lady.  This is what we call "Post-ponytail, pre-bath hair." 
Speaking of hair....!  Poor little Charlotte had a miserable cold so we decided that we would go sit in a steamy bathroom.  It was at this very moment that I realized that she was CURSED with my crazy, humdity-intollerant hair.  Look at those crazy curls!!!
Ha!  These just keep getting better and better.  Here is Chuck just chillin' in the kitchen while we cleaned up after dinner.  She's totally rockin' that hat!
Charlotte had a heart cath last December in preparation for her surgery in January.  We thought it was only appropriate for her to tell the world just how tough she was.  She was definitely the toughest chick I've ever known!
Early surgery = even earlier morning.  This is Daddy and a hungry, tired Charlotte getting in some last minute snuggles before surgery.  For those heart families out there...you know how hard/scary/agonizing these mornings are.
Mommy and Charlotte before surgery.  Ugh, my heart hurts just thinking about it.
I cannot begin to tell you how hard it is to see your child immediately after open heart surgery...and I hope that you never have to know for yourself.  This is the closest that we could get to "holding". 
Snuggling with "Red Butt".  No breathing tube, no oxygen.  Just a cute girl with her monkey.
The first smile after a sleepless week in the hospital is always the best! 

4 comments:

  1. I know the anxiety of sitting and waiting on the day of surgery. No fun for anyone.

    But Charlotte has the cutest clothes ever! In that last picture, is she wearing a Super Woman symbol with hearts?!?!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these pictures, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these pics :)
    Your right about phone pics being so random and just so special, I have loads of them too... Usually out of focus hehe
    As for Waiting for surgery ...ugh makes me sick thinking about it.
    Thinking of you guys as always x

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete