Image Map

Saturday, November 20, 2010

100th Post!

In honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday, I thought that it was only appropriate to dedicate a few of my postings specifically to the things in my life that I'm thankful for. This past year has really opened my eyes to the things, both big and small, that are important in my life.

Because its 7AM on Saturday morning, I'll start with the obvious....

1) I'm thankful for a full nights sleep....which I didn't get last night...not even close! Sleep has been up and down in our house for the past 6 months. Just ask my mom, I called her a few mornings ago and was soooo excited because I slept for 7 hours straight.

2) I'm thankful for carrots. Without them I wouldn't have this picture.


My last "thankful" for today goes back to the title of this post..."100th Post." Wow. I can still remember the very first one. It took me the span of about 6 hours to write it and to get the courage to actually post it. I would type paragraphs, only to delete them 5 minutes later. I struggled with the thought of putting myself out there for everyone to read. I'm pretty sure that there were tears running down my face the whole time.

3) I'm thankful for this blog...it may sound strange, but I really am. For those of you that know me, I wear my heart on my sleeve and it doesn't take much to elicit tears from my eyes. This blog has been a great outlet for me, a place to share our struggles and our successes, our fears and our joy. That's easier for me to do here than face to face. It has allowed me to keep you all posted on our lives--after all, you have helped us through some of the most difficult times. Not only that, but this blog also provides a record of how far we have come since last January when we learned about Charley's heart. Some day she will be able to read her story from the beginning and I hope that she can feel the love that has surrounded her through it all.

So there you have it, a few things I'm thankful for. Obviously these aren't the BIGGEST things, but important none the less. Now that I think about it, I don't know if a week is enough time for me to name them all......

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 100 posts! I have enjoyed reading EVERY single one of them. Your words have been so encouraging & inspirational - they have made me appreciate the little things in life! You have been through so much & have been SO amazing! Stay strong and always remember you are surrounded by love & support! Love you all, especially that carrot stained sweetie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an AMAZING mom! What I wouldn't have to have something like this to keep.

    ReplyDelete