Image Map

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Half Birthday!

Today is a good day. A day that at one point felt unreachable. A day that marks a HUGE milestone in our house.

Happy 6 month birthday, baby girl! I have no idea where the time has gone, but I am thankful for every single minute of it. Every minute. I have learned more in the past 6 months than I have in the past 28 years and loved more than I ever imagined possible. Your grins melt our hearts. Your giggles make our day. You truly are a blessing.

Everyday is a new adventure little Charlotte. You teach us that every day. Your Daddy and I are having so much fun watching you grow and learn new things...which you seem to be doing a lot of lately!

In the past month...

-You officially graduated to a size 2 diaper! Such a little peanut.

-You LOVE trying new foods. So far your favorite seems to be carrots, but you also like sweet potatoes, peas, peaches and apples. One thing you don't like is bananas. They taste good, but don't make your tummy feel too hot!

-You started playing with your hair. Its the cutest thing, but can get a little messy at dinner time!

-Bath time is your favorite! (Maybe that's why your run your pea covered fingers through your hair...) As soon as you hear the bath water running, you are all grins and kicking legs. You just recently figured out "splashing" but don't like when the water gets in your eyes.

-You made your first late night trip to the emergency room and had your first overnight hospital stay since you were at Children's. The doctors say that you had croup, but Mommy blames the pesky bananas!

-You still love watching football with Daddy, but your new favorite is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The bright colors and singing instantly grab your attention. (Between you and me, I think that your Daddy likes it too! He even does his very own "Hot Dog" dance! So silly!)

-You can sit like a big girl! In just the span of a week you went from needing LOTS of support to doing it all on your own. You have a whole new view of the world and seem to love it.

-I wish that I could say that you are a good sleeper, but I would be lying. Although, you seem to be less interested in a paci at bedtime, so that's a step in a good direction. That means no more late night trips for mommy to "plug you in." We'll get there....hopefully sooner than later!

Ok....I had totally completed my "list-making" above, but apparently I have an over-achiever on my hands who didn't think the list was long enough. I left her alone laying on the living room floor playing with some toys while I ran to the bathroom. Low and behold, I came back and she was on her belly, arms stretched out in front of her, still playing away without a care in the world! Better add it to the list...

-You learned to roll from your back to your belly! I didn't see you in action, but you got there somehow!




2 comments:

  1. This post really makes me happy (with tears in my eyes)! She is such a sweetie and so blessed to have you and Matt for her parents♥ Don't forget to give her those hugs from Grandma every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting--I remember hitting the 6 month mark with both the kids and feeling awesome about it...can't imagine your happiness, though. She has come so far! And Luke didn't roll over until he was ONE!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete