Image Map

Monday, November 29, 2010

Family (Part 2)

Thanksgiving has come and gone...and suprise suprise, I didn't get my full week of "Thankfuls" in! I had planned on doing some in our downtime, but our 4 day holiday weekend flew by and it just didn't get done. The weekend did, however, remind me of just how blessed our family is, and how many things we have to be thankful for. I'm thankful every day...so my thankful theme is going to continue for at least a couple more!

I'm thankful for family....Part 2....The In-Laws...

The In-Laws...It seems like that title is always accompanied by an unpleasant taste in your mouth. As a matter of fact, at lunch today there were many stories exchanged about about self-centered mother-in-laws and families by marriage that simply don't get along. I am happy to say that none of those stories were coming from me!

I PROMISE!!

I met Matt in 2002 and it didn't take long for me to fall head over heals in love. As I spent more and more time with him and his family, something became very clear to me. All of the things that I love about Matt are a direct reflection of his family. They love and give with all of their hearts, support each other 100% and are always there to help pick each other up when they stumble. They stick together through thick and thin. They can laugh at themselves. They can laugh at each other. Did I mention that they can laugh?? I can honestly say that I have laughed harder with Matt's family than I have with most anyone else.

Getting to know and growing to love Matt's family has been a huge part of our relationship. They are some of the most important people in his life, and have become the same to me.

I consider myself so lucky to be a part of the Ritchie/Reynolds clan.

Lucky, blessed and very very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment