Image Map

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm Thankful for...

...our health.

This is going to have to be a quick post, but I didn't want to give up on my "I'm Thankful" posts after just one day! Miss Charley's cold is back and in full effect, so I'm pretty much a zombie today. Poor girl, she has this terrible cough that wakes her up constantly. She sleeps best either laying upright on my chest or in a car seat and is totally over tired. I'm hoping she's better by Thanksgiving so that she can enjoy her first big holiday with family!

Having said that, I'm so very thankful that colds are about the worst of what we've had to deal with so far. I think that when we found out about Charley's heart, I mentally prepared myself to play nurse. I figured that she would look sick, act sick, make multiple trips to the hospital...but we haven't had any of that. Instead, she looks amazingly healthy. She acts like a normal baby with grins from ear to ear. We've only had one hospital pit stop and it didn't have anything to do with her heart.

A cold is a normal baby thing. That's right....NORMAL.

I'm constantly amazed at how healthy she is. How normal she is. How perfect she is.

Thankful doesn't say enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment