- As of Friday, Tara had received 223 books. Thats a lot of books in only TWO weeks!
- In those same 2 weeks, a fellow heart mom from Michigan raised enough money to purchase 110 books! Wow, Team Aly Jean! You guys are AWESOME!
- A few heart families in the Omaha area have decided to throw "Books for Charley" birthday parties for their kiddos, just like the idea of Tara's that started this whole fundraiser. Not only that, but a heart family from South Carolina is doing the same! Seriously?! WOW! I have no words.
- The other day I stopped by to visit our old daycare family. As soon as I walked in I noticed that on the dry erase board where I always used to see "Charlotte needs diapers" I now found "Books for Charley!" Rich, Sylvia and all of the little kiddos at daycare loved...and still do LOVE Baby Charlotte!
- Right now there are 55 books in the back of my car, with many more scheduled to come our direction!
- In a week my mom is heading to Harlan and will be picking up books that my aunt has been collecting. Rumor has it that there has been quite the turn out!
- My sisters have been collecting books from friends and co-workers...it just never stops!
See what I mean!?!?! ABSOLUTE CRAZINESS!
The plan is still to make a delivery to Children's sometime in August. I'm actually going to head to Omaha and go with Tara for the big drop-off. It will undoubtedly be a hard day...my eyes well up with tears almost every time I even drive past the hospital...but I know I'll have a little angel helping me through.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU EVERYONE!
(Haha...I just re-read this post and noticed how many "!!!" I used. I must be pretty excited!)