Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Timmy Time!


I realized that I forgot to share a previously untold Charlotte memory on her 14th month birthday.  So here goes!


Timmy, it's Timmy
He's a little lamb with a lot to learn
Timmy, it's Timmy
He's a handful of trouble at every turn

Timmy leaves the farm, goes out to the world
Trying to be cool he's number one
He joins all his friends on a big adventure
And he's always having such a lot of fun

Timmy it's Timmy
He's a little lamb with a lot to learn
Timmy it's Timmy
He's a handful of trouble at every turn (a lot of fun)
Timmy it's Timmy
He's a little lamb with a lot to learn!

So…my guess is that 95% of you have no clue what is going on after my crazy little song above. The other 5% of you probably have small children who watch Disney Junior in the morning while you scramble to get out the door on time!  For those of you that fall into the 95%, let me give you a little insight to this little cartoon.  

Timmy is a lamb (a sometimes naughty and selfish lamb). He goes to school in a little red barn with lots of other little animals…a kitten, a puppy and a duckling to name a few. They have teachers that are also animals. The typical episode consisted of Timmy learning a lesson. He learned to share, he learned to help others, he learned to be a good little lamb and a good friend.


Here’s the kicker…there are no words in this cartoon. Words no…but there were plenty of “Bahs” “Meows” “Ruffs” and “Quacks.” Haha…it makes me laugh just thinking about it.


Now, this might sound like the most annoying program in the world, but there was one thing that made it tolerable for Matt and me. Every morning while we scrambled to get ourselves out the door this cartoon would come on and every morning we would stop what we were doing to watch her reaction. As soon as Charlotte heard the opening song her eyes would get big and she would look at us…then back to the tv…then at us again. It was as if she was saying…”Mom and Dad!! Do you see this!?” She loved it. LOVED it. She would actually sit and giggle at the silly animals and at all of the noises they were making.  So super cute!

On Easter this year, the Easter Bunny brought Charlotte her very own Timmy doll! You squeezed his hand and he would make all of the same noises that the little lamb on the cartoon did. And just like the cartoon, Charlotte loved it…and every morning she would hold him while she watched his shenanigans on TV.


She loved to SHARE Timmy, too.  I'm pretty sure it was because she couldn't squeeze hard enough to make sound come out.


She loved that annoying little lamb. And because of that, we loved him too.

9 comments:

  1. I love that you are sharing all of these memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Grandma Debbie. Absolutely beautiful again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look of such happiness on her face is the best...love these memories, Kristen:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How ADORABLE!!!! Thanks for sharing lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely perfect. Thank you so much for continuing to share these adorable stories and pictures. (((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Adorable! She is so Beatiful! Mother like Daghter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Timmy here too. The pictures are so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love Timmy because my 2 years old daughter loves so much.

    ReplyDelete