Image Map

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The First of Many Lonely 14ths

This is the day that I was supposed to be writing a "HAPPY 13 MONTHS" message and posting pictures of Charley Bear sitting in her green polk-a-dot chair.

I almost forgot...or maybe I wanted to forget to make it easier on myself.

I have posted a message on the 14th of each month for the past 13 months. I am going to try my best to continue...but instead of talking about the here and now I will use these posts as a way to chronicle memories and stories that I haven't shared before...memories that I fear will fade if I don't commit them to text.

Here goes nothing...

Two days before Charlotte earned her wings we had an indoor beach party. We were unpacking some of her birthday gifts and ended up setting up her new water table....complete with water...in our living room! It was something that seemed so ridiculous at the time, but today I am forever grateful for that memory and the huge smile that she got on her face. Short little Charlotte was standing on her tippy toes to reach the water and would "feed" it to me. Such a silly little lady!

In addition to the water table, she also tried on her new ladybug swim suit. I couldn't quit giggling. I have a picture on my phone of her standing against the ottoman doing her best super model pose. I mean, really, how stinkin' cute is she?!



Charlotte didn't really get to have a full out summer experience. Last year she was a teeny tiny baby and spent her days recovering from open heart surgery. We spent our outdoor time tucked safely under the shade of a tree in our yard. This year her days were cut short before the weather really allowed for much fun in the sun. I looked forward to filling up a little pool for her and watching her splash around.

It may not have been the typical summer afternoon in the sun, but I'm so thankful that we had our little beach party that night. SO SO SO THANKFUL.

4 comments:

  1. What a great memory to have, thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! And please keep sharing more memories too!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is soooooo stinkin' cute! I love that you set up her water table in the living room...what a fun mommy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a cute little lady bug! I'm soooo glad that I found that swimsuit...just wish I could have seen her in the matching sun hat! What a dolly! Thank you for continuing to keep Charlotte alive for all of us...

    Your big sis is sooo proud of your ability to lay it all out there for the world to see. I hope you find some peace in doing it! I love you!
    Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete