Image Map

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Welcomed with Open Arms

In the true spirit of my "Old Year's Resolution," I'm calling this one a better late than never post.  

This summer, Matt and I finally had the boys baptized into the Catholic church.  St. Patrick's in Gretna was super accommodating and allowed us to have the baptism on a Wednesday night...which in turn allowed for the boys Great Grandma Delene to attend.  It was such a special evening.


  Godparents Dan and Jenni Metzler & Angie Goeser
We were so happy that GG Delene was back from California and could celebrate with us! 
 Best.Grandparents.Ever.
 Oh my goodness...look how little our baby boy was!
 Charlotte was baptized by a hospital chaplain on the morning of her first open heart surgery.  I look back on that day and the peace that it brought to us knowing that she was able to receive the sacrament before her procedure.  During her baptism the chaplain poured water over her head using this shell.  I know that she was with us as her brothers received the same blessings...but it made it all the more special that we could incorporate her shell into the ceremony.
 "AGGIE!"
 After the baptism, everyone came back to our home to continue the celebration.  Cake, conversation, little friends running around the back yard, and a quick golf lesson with uncle Brad made for a perfect end to a perfect evening.






For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.  ~Jeremiah 29:11


No comments:

Post a Comment