Image Map

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

FIRST Family Pictures

The other day I posted about family pictures...but it wasn't until this morning that I realized I forgot a very important image that day.  Our very FIRST family pictures with each of our kiddos.

Charlotte was born via c-section at 10:15 pm on May 14, 2010.  We got to see her briefly while they cleaned her up and did a quick examination, but then we went our separate ways -- me to surgical recovery, her to the NICU.  They rolled my bed down to see her that night, but with all of the excitement and activity over her little heart, we didn't get any pictures of the three of us.   

This picture was taken 2 days later as we prepared to send Charlotte off for her very first heart cath.   I look at this picture and see so many things....exhaustion that comes with having a sick child, fear of handing her over for the first time, a pesky breathing tube :(....but most of all I see an insane amount of love.  
Just over 2 years later, this next picture was taken - our very first family picture with our brand new baby boy.  It was so different the second time around...no NICU, no breathing tube, no asking if it was possible to hold our own child.  And though so very, very different, I look at this picture and again, my heart swells. 

So much love.


No comments:

Post a Comment