Image Map

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekending

I know that Sunday is typically dubbed the official "day of rest," but after a crazy weekend in the Ritchie house, we're assigning that title to Tuesday!  

I worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday (boooo)...so Matt was on kiddo duty.  

On Saturday they made a trip to Omaha.  While there, they paid a quick visit to Grammy and then met up with my family for some beach side fun!  My cousin and her family recently built a lake home and we are looking forward to spending LOTS of time there soaking up the sun.  I was jealous that I was stuck at work, but they made sure to send lots of pictures my way!
Apparently he's not a huge fan of life jackets!
On Sunday Matt and Harrison had a play date with our friends, the Metzlers.  Two generations of buddies in the making!  
On Monday, we loaded up the car and headed to Omaha for some more family fun.  My family has been getting together on Memorial Day for as long as I can remember, and I'm so excited to start the tradition with Mr. Harrison.  There's always an abundance of food, followed by out door activities and the annual golf tournament, the Corner Lot Memorial Day Open.  Funny...the only pictures that I took the whole day were of Harrison eating!


Chicken, peas, pasta, and his very first taste of watermelon!  YUMMY!
 Aunt Erin thought that he needed some practice for his birthday in a month and gave him a cake pop.  He dove right in!

 Hmmmmm.....maybe I need to keep closer tabs on Aunt Erin.  Later I walked into the garage and found a certain someone with Oreo salad all over his face.....
We headed home after dinner and some hula-hooping (good lord, I wish I would have gotten some video).  Harrison was extremely OVER tired and fought sleep the entire drive back to Lincoln.  I crawled into the back seat to help keep him entertained and ended up playing with his hair.  All of the sunscreen we'd been slathering on him all day made for some good styling product!  HA!
We made it home right before some summer thunderstorms rolled into town, have H a quick bath and settled down for a quiet night.  I went to lay my sweet baby down in bed, but I only made it to the door before I turned back around and scooped him up into my arms.   

My last perfect Memorial Day was in 2011...and it was followed up by the worst day of my life.  The day we said good-bye to sweet Charlotte.


This mama needed some snuggles. And snuggle we did.

Today is the day after Memorial Day.  A day where most people are dragging themselves back to work after a 3 day weekend.  A day that will forever and ever be a hard one for me for totally different reasons.  Today we are home.  We are playing.  We are packing.  We are enjoying one more day together.  

It is our day of rest.

1 comment:

  1. Sending you many, many hugs from Missouri.

    Amy, mom of Madilynn

    ReplyDelete