Image Map

Friday, May 11, 2012

BONUS POST: Books Update!

The Month of Chuck has turned me into a posting fool!  There are just so many things that I want to share.  Today there is a special bonus post to keep you all up to date on how our Books for Charley collections are going. 

I'm happy to let you all know that as of yesterday, I have put stickers on 318 books!  Not included in that number?  Monetary donations (we've already received over $250), books given to family members in Omaha/Harlan, and the books collected at our heart friend Talia's 3rd birthday party last weekend.  Talia's mom told me that they have over 40 more books to add to our stash!  You guys are awesome. 
Since most of my life is totally chaotic right now, I'm getting my "organization fix" through these books.  I've got them all sorted into their own totes...board books, paper backs, hard covers, books for older kids....even English/Spanish books!  I'm totally loving it (yes, I'm somewhat of a dork.)

Thank you again and again to all of you who have already sent in donations or are planning to contribute. It makes me smile to imagine all of the kiddos that will get to enjoy these books...and right about now, smiles are just what I need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment