Image Map

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Charley's Heart

So remember when I was on my whole "secret" kick?

First it was Baby Ritchie #2...
Then it was that we were having a little boy...

Well, I've got a few more things up my sleeve and its getting very close to a few of the big reveals!  The secret that I'm going to tell you about today is one that has been slowly coming together over the course of the last year.  An idea that makes my heart flutter whenever I think about it.  And while it is still somewhat of a work in progress, I couldn't wait any longer to share!  After all, yesterday I did declare May to be "The Month of Chuck!"

Ladies and Gentlemen...
Boys and Girls...

It is with TREMENDOUS pride that I introduce to you today... 



After Charlotte earned her wings last May we knew immediately that her legacy had to live on.  There was never a doubt in our minds that Charlotte was destined for BIG things.  She touched the hearts of people from all around the world during her short year with us, and we knew that we had to keep sharing her with as many people as we could.  In order to do that in the most effective manner, we came up with Charley's Heart - an organization that we hope will help us continue to support the heart community, raise much needed funds for CHD research and to serve as a resource/advocate for CHD awareness.

Incorporated into Charley's Heart will be events like Books for Charley, Project Redbutt, and a few other things that are still in the works!  I'm so excited and have so many ideas bouncing around in my crazy head...now I just need to sort it all out and figure out what will actually work!

So, if you have a minute (or two...or ten...) go check out www.charleysheart.com and don't forget to share it with your friends.  You have probably seen a lot of the information located there before if you have been following this blog for awhile, but now its all in one easy to navigate location and looks way more official!  There is an area filled with CHD resources and also a quick and easy donation link!  Any donations received during the month of May will go directly towards this year's Books for Charley collection (more on that tomorrow!  EEK I'm so excited!)  For those of you with blogs of your own, there is even a little Charley's Heart button that you can add to your site if you want!

Sigh...my heart is overflowing with love for our Charlotte.

Its all for you baby girl.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little behind in my blog reading these days and just now getting caught up! This is really really wonderful! You continue to touch the lives of so many with Charlotte's story. I am so excited for you! And I have a surprise for you, when I post my next carepages update ;)

    ReplyDelete