Image Map

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Message in a Dream

Another day, another awesome story that was shared with me earlier this year.  I had just made the "official" announcement about Baby #2 when I got a very out of the blue message from a high school classmate of mine named Sarah.  Late last year I learned the heartbreaking news that Sarah (wife and mother of 2 adorable little kiddos) had been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She has displayed admirable strength as she has battled through chemotherapy, surgery and now more chemo.  I'm pleased to say that Sarah is doing REALLY well with her treatments and continues to kick cancer in the behind!


Here is the message that she shared with me....keep in mind, the dream that she details occurred BEFORE we went "blog-public" about baby #2.


"Hello!! First off, many, many well wishes are coming your way. I have something to share with you. I wanted to before but didn't know if I should or not - But now knowing your wonderful news, I know that I can.

I had a dream the other day about you and me. We were really good friends helping each other through our battles. In this dream, I had another dream. Your Dad and Charlotte came to me and wanted me to tell you that it was time for you and Matt to have a baby. Charlotte was (and IS) so lucky to have your love, but she feels like you guys have so much to give and that a sibling would be a wonderful addition. She knows that the new baby will never put her in the shadows but put her even more in the light and memories of people. Your dad was holding her, but didn't say anything. He just smiled and had a proud look on his face as Charlotte was talking to me about you.

I know it sounds crazy, but I wanted to share because I feel our loved ones do still communicate with us from Heaven. I feel they chose me to have this dream because of my cancer battle, so there is a connection to you and me."



I can't begin to explain how this message affected me.  There have been nights where I have pleaded with God to fill my dreams with images of Charlotte...but they don't happen very often.  As a matter of fact, I can count them on one hand.  Sarah's dream painted such an incredible picture in my mind. The image of our little angel with her Papa Paul was overwhelming enough, but then to hear the message that came along with it...well...my heart was bursting. It serves as a reminder for me that that our baby girl is in the most amazing place and that she is full of life and constantly watching over our family. 

Thank you Sarah for sharing your dream with me.  I think of it often and smile each and every time.       

No comments:

Post a Comment